Ballarat, Victoria County

BE WARNED.I took out a mobile phone plan with Southern Phone using a Samsung mobile phone supplied by them.

Only when I asked for international roaming to be put on did they say that calls from overseas cannot always be guaranteed. "Cannot be guaranteed" should read non-existent. I have been to Fiji, New Zealand and China in the last 6 months and I could not make any calls or texts out, only receive them despite having international roaming activated. They tried to say that perhaps those countries used a different frequency than they did, but if that were the case how could I receive calls and texts?

When I asked if they would unlock the phone if I paid out the contract so my wife could use it with another supplier, they said they could (or would) not.I will now cancel my mobile and landline contracts with this useless company and go elsewhere.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss not as described of southern mobile phone plan. Southern Phone needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned southern mobile phone plan in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Southern Phone.

Had an Experience with Southern Phone?

Comments

Southern Phone CAN NOT unlock handsets.They do not lock them either as they do not have their OWN infrastructure .Also no company in Australia can guarantee overseas coverage.