Southern Phone - More expensive than telstra!

32 of 43 Southern Phone reviews

So I moved back home finding out my parents are with southern phone, they said they got a "good deal" $115 a month, for 5gig of internet, they have to pay for all their calls, they get a cheap-*** handset that you could buy for $50, the coverage is ***, but they do get $130 worth of calls, $130 is more than what you'd use due to you not getting any landline calls...

If my parents were on IINET they're $80 a month, unlimited calls from home phone to homphone/mobile, then if they signed up for TELSTRA $35 casual that's $300 worth of calls per month - for the same cost as southern phone!

Here's the real kicker, their customer service is the WORST I'VE EVEN SEE, we had an outage, and the customer service lady was telling my father to "go borrow a neighbours phone!" she WOULD NOT TO A LINE TEST and was the worst customer service agent I have ever delt with. Absolute garbage company, would NEVER recommend.

It takes me a lot to make these posts, I usually don't bother but this company is the BEESKNEES in garbage. I'm actually offended enough to make this post.

They're stuck on ADSL 1, my mate around the corner is with IINET and he's got adsl 2, the adsl 1 drops out, but I can't call to fix it because they're so ungodly helpful, I wouldn't even ring them to get ADSL 2 flipped over if it was possible because I don't want them to cut the internet off.

TLDR; NEVER BUY FROM THEM, THEY'RE EXPENSIVE. GO WITH IINET THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AMAZING.

Also attached is my ADSL speeds, they're so *** garbage.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Customer service
    • Adsl speed
    • Time it took to problem solve
    • Cost
    • More expensive than telstra

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Adsl
Review category
Media
review #562926

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Southern Phone? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 2 No 2
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
32 of 43 Southern Phone reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Cheryl

Feb 15, 2015 #946244 Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I also love iiNet but if they do not service your area then options are very limited!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.